TODD WILLIAMSON was listed as one of the "Artists to Watch" and Art to Art Palette called him an "Artist of Many Dimensions". Compared to Kandinsky by Italian art critic and historian Marco Franko for his collaborative exhibition "Polifonia di un paesaggio" and Paladino by curator Cynthia Penna, Williamson's works have a “musicality that has been evident ever since his early works: His paintings seem to vibrate, and the rendition of this optical/visual vibration immediately evokes a musical vibration. The borders of color fields are never clear or rigidly determined: They move and vibrate before the eye. His work evokes an overwhelming sense of inner calmness. The colors are intensely balanced, the lines all but reflect the pulse of the viewer…soft and long when relaxed and subdued, while short and energetic when pulsing with the rhythm of life."
- Williamson recently completed exhibitions @ Gallery Wiesbaden in Wiesbaden Germany, Galerie Stenzel Seefeld, Germany, & Gallery Meinlschmidt in Balingen Germany. Todd's work "Refugee" is also part of the "Re-Crezioni" exhibition in Prato Italy curated by Marco di Mauro, a large installtion about the growing refugee crisis.
- Todd's work has been seen in over 75 exhibitions worldwide. He is an arts commissioner for the city of West Hollywood and on the board of directors for the West Hollywood Aids Monument, a $5 million dollar project.
- His awards include a Pollock Krasner Foundation Award Grant winner, winner of Best Foreign Artist by Bluduemila Sporte & Arte Italy, Artist Merit Award Art 1307, and 2 Artslant Abstract Showcase Awards.
- International & domestic press, includes Articentric, La Repubblica Newspaper (Italys national newspaper), Art to Art Palette, Art & Living, Racna Magazine, the Pickwick, Huffington Post, West Hollywood Magazine, Departures, Fabrik, & more.
- Todd is currently represented @ Galerie Michael Beverly Hills, Georges Berges Gallery NYC, Nicole Longnecker Gallery Houston, & throughout Europe by Premium Modern Art in Heilbronn Germany.
New Available Works
Works on Paper 18"x 12" oil
Polifonia di un Paesaggio
Naples Italy November 2015
"Surveillance: The art of being observed or observing"
*live performance piece
@ the Villa di Donato-Art 1307 Naples Italy
Nov 24th, 2015
Music by Greg Walter
Performed by Greg Walter & Janine Hawley @ the opening reception